The GO! Flying Geese — 3 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ (3″ x 6″ Finished) — unit is a simple, yet versatile design that can be used in a variety of quilt blocks and settings. Flying Geese are the foundation of many quilt blocks and borders. These units can be created quickly and easily for many imaginative design possibilities. Best used with the GO! Baby, GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio fabric cutters and a 6″x12″ Cutting Mat.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.