Like the perfect pair of black pants, half square shapes are the building blocks of good style. The GO! Half Square die makes quick work of cutting out 3-inch finished triangles, even with multiple stacks of fabric. Twist and turn these basic quilting units for a variety of block designs, including pinwheels. Add some “pearls” in the shape of square and rectangle dies from our AccuQuilt GO! mix and match system and your quilting fashion expands even further. A designer look in a flash! You can use the GO! Baby, GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio fabric cutters or the 5″x10″ Cutting Mat with this die.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.