Traditional hexagon quilts like Grandmother’s Flower Garden are absolutely beautiful, but it takes a whole lot of hexagons to make one quilt and just thinking about cutting all those shapes out can make your wrists ache. The AccuQuilt GO! Hexagon die cuts perfect shapes quickly, every time. This die cuts three sizes of hexagon from multiple layers of fabric. Try them on a variety of fabrics and let your imagination roam! You can use the GO! Baby, GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio fabric cutters or the 6″x12″ Cutting Mat with this die.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.