Make all your “geese” for a Flying Geese quilt in seconds with the GO! Quarter Square 4″ Finished Triangle. They measure 4″ by 2″ and are perfect when used in conjunction with the Half Square — 2″ Finished Triangle on the GO! Value Die or GO! Half Square — 2″ Finished Triangle. This die will help you turn fabric into traditional blocks like Dutchman’s Puzzle and Carpenter’s Wheel and form the star points of several star block designs like North Star and Diamond Star. You can use the GO! Baby, GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio fabric cutters or the 6″x12″ Cutting Mat with this die.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.