Easy to piece and perfect for borders, rectangles are one of the building blocks of quilting. The GO! Rectangle die cuts precise rectangles even through multiple layers of fabric. This 3 1/2″ x 6 1/2″ rectangle finishes to a 3″ x 6″ rectangle making it perfect for beginners as well as experienced quilters! Best used with the GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio fabric cutters and a 10″x25″ Cutting Mat.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.