Learn to use the 6″ and 9″ GO! Mix and Match Block system with Eleanor Burns. Eleanor Burns has directed her engineering skills to her new “best friends,” the amazing GO! Cutters. A “quilt in a day” is now a “quilt in half the time,” with Smart Stacking© and Smart Cutting©, just to name a few new techniques. Blocks are quick, precise and fun to make, and most take less than a half hour from cutting to sewing. This sampler set includes 50 block and quilt patterns that coordinate with the 6″ and 9″ GO! Mix & Match Die Bundles. These patterns are compatible with GO!, GO! Baby and GO! Big cutters.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.