Edyta Sitar is known for her amazing quilts, and now you can applique her signature shapes with the GO! Simple Shapes die. This die has a little bit of everything — from leaves to a small bird! While you have everything you need to create a huge variety of applique designs on the GO! Simple Shapes die board, you can also team these shapes up with other GO! shapes for even more design possibilities. You can use this with the following fabric cutters: GO! Baby, GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio, and the 6″x12″ Cutting Mat.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.