Learning the alphabet is a fundamental part of education — just like squares are literally a basic building block of quilting. The GO! Square 2″ makes quick and precise squares even through multiple layers of fabric. It finishes to a 1 1/2″ square ideal for cornerstones, watercolor quilts, checkerboard designs, scrappy quilts, prairie points, 4-patch and 9-patch blocks, and borders. This makes quilting as easy as A-B-C! Best used with the GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio fabric cutters and a 10″x25″ Cutting Mat.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.