Just because squares are the easiest quilt shape to piece doesn’t mean you want to cut them all out by hand. The GO! Square die cuts perfect 3 1/2″ squares every time. Ideal for beginners and experienced quilters, this 3 1/2″ cut square finishes to a precise 3″ square. Best used with the GO! Baby, GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio fabric cutters and a 5″x10″ Cutting Mat.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.