AccuQuilt is excited to announce an improvement to the GO! Strip Cutter-2 1/2″ (2″ Finished) die. This upgrade is simple yet offers users a valuable way to expand the use and versatility of their fabric cutters. This GO! Strip Cutter will have four angled guide lines printed on the foam surface. Lines at 90°, 30°, 45°, and 60° allow quilters to cut strips into squares and several types of diamonds that can be used to make classic quilts like the Lone Star and Tumbling Blocks. These pre-printed angled guide lines will make it easy to create a variety of shapes with consistent cuts that will save time and fabric. The GO! Strip Cutter Dies are hugely popular among quilters, and now the creative possibilities with Strip Cutter Dies are infinitely bigger. You can use the GO!, GO! Big, GO! Studio fabric cutters or the 10″x25″ Cutting Mat with this die.
- With some fabrics, after cutting, a thread or two will remain where die blades meet. Snip threads with scissors.
- Use cutting mats that matches size of each die.
- For best results, cut with die blades running under roller at an angle. Do not cut with blades parallel to roller.
- Blades on some dies are positioned at an angle. Align fabric to edge of shape, not edge of die board.
- Some dies feature specially designed corners to aid in alignment and pre-cutting.
- For fast applique, apply fusible web to fabrics, then cut shapes with dies.
- Use good quality fabric to reduce fabric stretch.
- It’s always a good idea to test cut one shape before cutting many shapes to ensure fabric orientation is correct.